JOB SUMMARY: Under direction, the Day Treatment Therapist provides counseling, group therapy, Day Treatment group services and appropriate therapeutic interventions to assigned clients aimed at addressing their mental health and support needs.
1. Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work or related field;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in counseling, child care, social work, and/or in providing therapeutic support services to children and families; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed by the State of Ohio Counselor and Social Work Board as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW), or a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Obtain and maintain NPI (National Provider Identification) number and individual Medicaid Provider number
- Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
1. Provides Day Treatment services to assigned clients
- Assesses level of functioning, strengths, growth areas and needs
- Implements treatment goals/plans to address needs, utilizing appropriate treatment scales/assessment tools
- Develops and implements appropriate therapeutic interventions
2. Coordinates the use of facilities and resources to provide structured group and support services to assigned clients
3. Designs and implements goal-directed groups addressing, but not limited to:
- Practical living skills
- Social skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Anger-management and conflict resolution
- Self-esteem building
4. Implements a wide-variety of interactive activities and appropriate treatment interventions
5. Develops group goals
- Develops and implements treatment goals/plans to address needs, utilizing appropriate treatment scales/assessment tools
- Evaluates effectiveness of Day Treatment process and outcomes
- Intervenes in crisis situations
7. Assists and/or facilitates the treatment and support efforts of others involved in a case, as appropriate to the individual’s treatment goals
8. Consults regularly with supervisor regarding cases
9. Completes appropriate clinical documentation following established completion guidelines and delivers to supervisor within applicable timeframe
10. Completes progress notes and corresponding billing sheets within established time frame.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and/or increases knowledge, skills and abilities
2. Attends agency and client-related meetings and/or committees as necessary and/or as assigned
3. Participates in providing emergency on-call services
4. Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge and support of agency mission, goals, policies and procedures*
- Knowledge of applicable program rules, regulations and standards, including ethical professional practice*
- Basic knowledge of ODJFS, OhioMHAS, Medicaid rules, regulations, functions, procedures, organization and policies impacting the Residential Treatment program and services
- Knowledge of diagnostic assessment procedures, DSM V diagnosis, treatment planning, clinical documentation, psychopathology and therapeutic models, techniques and interventions
- Knowledge of separation, attachment, reunification issues and the grief process
- Knowledge of child/human development, personality and individual therapy theory and techniques
- Knowledge of environmental and familial factors impacting growth, development and learning including group and crisis intervention theory
- Knowledge of documentation and productivity responsibilities*
- Knowledge of and ability to establish support systems for clients
- Ability to maintain professional licensure and good standing within the social work profession
- Ability to establish a rapport with clients and their families, work with a wide range of professionals, community organizations and a culturally diverse population
- Ability to implement appropriate treatment interventions, including intervening in crisis situations
- Ability to prepare and/or ensure accurate, concise, timely and complete records and reports
- Ability to create time-limited, behaviorally specific treatment plans and/or group goals
- Working knowledge of community resources related to program clients*
- Ability to maintain appropriate and required confidentiality ensuring the integrity of sensitive information (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively resolve and/or respond to inquires, complaints and/or conflicts
* May be acquired after hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- Physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Work involves some potential exposure to physical risks such as crisis intervention, physical conflicts
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation.
- Operate a computer and keyboard.
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position.
- Smoke-free working environment.
- Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Cleveland Christian Home.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract