Under the general direction of the Director of Out of Home Services, performs a variety of maintenance duties including rough carpentry, painting, basic equipment and facility repairs, and simple electrical work as well as general custodial duties in and around the assigned physical facility(ies).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Performs minor repairs to buildings and fixtures.
- Maintains grounds (including landscaping) and performs routine vehicle maintenance. Depending on the assigned facilities, performs some or all of the following: seasonal maintenance, such as snow removal and cutting branches/lawn, weeds, etc., digs trenches, and assists in maintaining a variety of equipment.
- Independently performs assigned general custodial duties
- Responsible for assisting with apartment preparation for resident move-ins (i.e. painting, general cleanings, etc.).
- Purchasing of maintenance supplies as defined by agency policy. Responsible for supply inventory, as assigned.
- Responsible for monitoring facility maintenance and compliance with all health and safety requirements. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
(a) Proper storage of chemicals and flammables;
(b) Monitoring compliance of all agency safety standards, including participation on agency safety committee as assigned.
- Operates and maintains central heating system.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for maintaining and performing small repairs on housekeeping/cleaning equipment and inventory; and stocking of supplies, including handling of chemicals (in compliance w/ agency policy).
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS listed below are indicative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, plus two years experience in building maintenance.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Skilled in use of hand tools and power tools for repairs to buildings, fixtures and equipment.
- Experience in painting and minor electrical, carpentry and plumbing repairs and minor general building maintenance.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions, communicate sensitively and clearly, and maintain harmonious working relationships with clients, staff and public.
- Supports the organization’s overall mission and values including initiative, teamwork, and flexibility. Supports agency philosophy, values and goals and is conscientious about all organizational values. Is ethical in all interactions with the organization’s staff and external parties.
- Emotional maturity, personal integrity, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Must have sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and to those who have experienced psychiatric problems.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and good interpersonal skills.
- Regular attendance and reliability is essential to the performance of this job.
- Ability to maintain effective communication w/ housekeeping/maintenance staff, including communication re: concerns w/ equipment maintenance/repairs that cannot be performed on-site, and any health/safety issues.
- Good general knowledge of commercial cleaning products and techniques, including experience w/ floor buffer.
- Knowledge of quality standards and handling of chemicals to ensure compliance w/ quality and safety standards.
- Knowledge of infectious disease control and principles of general precautions in body fluid spills.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License, personal vehicle, appropriate driving record, and appropriate insurance coverage at all times (as required by agency policy, insurance carriers and/or NOACA).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- Ability to work with and around solvents, cleaning agents and other chemicals.
- Physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move heavy objects.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation.
- Operates a computer and keyboard.
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position.
- Smoke-free working environment.
- Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours.
- Ability to travel to provide services to assigned agency sites.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour