JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, the Housekeeper is responsible for basic cleaning and housekeeping activities for the Lorain Campus.
1. Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
1. Monitors and ensures facility cleanliness in compliance with applicable health and safety requirements
2. Performs cleaning and housekeeping duties for the lobby area, large meeting rooms and all hallways and stairwells including, but not limited to:
- Cleaning windows
3. Cleans all building bathrooms, including:
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and disinfect sinks
- Clean mirrors
- Clean and disinfect toilets
- Empty trash
4. Empties trash in building offices (only if staff are in their office and have given permission)
5. Maintains Food Bank Room
- Clean, sweep and mop floors
- Straighten shelves
- Inventory supplies
6. Ensures appropriate storage, handling and maintenance of cleaning supplies
- Maintains equipment in working order
- Maintains appropriate inventory of type and level of cleaning materials
- Submits purchase requests as needed
- Ensures that supply closet is locked at all times
9. Assists with temporary or cyclical duties including:
- Preparation for facility inspections
- Decorating for holidays
10. Completes and submits work orders for maintenance repairs, as identified
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and/or increases knowledge, skills and abilities
2. Attends meetings and/or committees as assigned
3. Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge and support of agency mission, goals, policies and procedures*
- Basic knowledge of applicable agency rules, regulations, functions, procedures and policies*
- Knowledge of housekeeping and cleaning methods and techniques
- Basic knowledge of quality standards and handling of cleaning chemicals to ensure compliance w/ quality and safety standards.
- Ability to establish a rapport with clients and their families
- Ability to maintain appropriate and required confidentiality ensuring the integrity of sensitive information (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions and engage in a variety of tasks
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and consistently meet deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- Ability to work with and around solvents, cleaning agents and other chemicals.
- Physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move heavy objects.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation.
- Ability to operate light equipment.
- Ability to perform repetitive unskilled tasks
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position.
- Smoke-free working environment.
- Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as cleaning products and solvents, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Cleveland Christian Home.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Cleaning Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Must have your own supplies and equipment:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place