Positions Supervised: Maintenance Technician(s), General Maintenance Worker(s)
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction, the Maintenance Supervisor in coordination with the Director of Out-of-Home Services is responsible for ensuring the planning, supervising, performing and implementing all activities related to the maintenance of buildings, grounds, equipment and machinery for all Cleveland Christian Home locations and vehicles.
1. Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- Technical/trade school diploma;
- A minimum of ten (10) years construction/capital projects experience, facility and/or property management; and
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in carpentry, electrical and plumbing trades; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License, personal vehicle, appropriate driving record, and appropriate insurance coverage at all times (as required by agency policy and/or insurance carriers).
- Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
- Plans, monitors, implements and supervises all facility construction, renovation, repairs and maintenance including all buildings, grounds, equipment and machinery
- Investigates and resolves maintenance problems
- Estimates total project costs and determines project budget, timeline and utilization of outside contractors. Compiles data for preparing estimates
- Develops specifications for quantity and quality of materials and work to be done by contractors
- Oversees development of bid packages
- Interviews and recommends contractors.
- Ensures contractor compliance with quality, cost and timeliness
- Evaluates department projects and services; projects department needs; implements preventive maintenance programs for all agencies
- Ensures maintenance of department inventory, tools and equipment
- Participates as necessary in facility inspections
- Implements mechanisms to ensure facility compliance with health and safety rules, regulations, licensing or other regulatory standards and requirements including ODJFS, COA, OhioMHAS, OSHA, ADAMHSBCC, etc.
- Develops, implements and ensures a maintenance work-order system for repairs and other staff requests
- Ensures documentation and implementation of routine maintenance, inspection of agency vehicles.
- Ensures grounds maintenance activities including seasonal work and equipment maintenance
- Participates in the development of the annual budget; administers the budget and ensures operation with budget constraints
- Prepares reports and summaries as needed; meets with committees and/or Board members as requested
- Participates in on-call coverage for all property/maintenance issues
- Determines necessary staffing and recommends staffing levels
- Schedules staff according to work load. Ensures appropriate staff coverage
- Interviews candidates for positions and recommends hiring to Director of Out-of-Home Services
- Monitors the work of employees and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
- Evaluates employee performance
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and/or increases knowledge, skills and abilities
- Attends agency meetings as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
- Participates in and contributes to agency-related professional in-service training
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and support of agency mission, goals, policies and procedures*
- Knowledge of applicable building maintenance, renovation and repair rules, regulations and standards including, but not limited to OSHA, ODJFS, COA, ADAMHSBCC, OhioMHAS
- Working knowledge of rules regulations, functions and policies governing the operations of the agencies*
- Knowledge of heating, refrigeration, plumbing, sewage and electrical systems in residential and commercial buildings
- Knowledge of maintenance and handling of chemicals and other hazardous materials to ensure compliance with safety and health standards
- Knowledge of inventory and supply control
- Knowledge of administration principles and practices including purchasing and budgeting
- Skill in use of hand and power tools for repair and renovation; skill in carpentry, painting, grounds maintenance
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and manuals, blueprints, construction documents, etc.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop a plan of action/correction; ability to respond to crisis situations
- Ability to conduct project estimations, including budgets, timelines, utilization review and evaluation of contractors
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Ability to maintain appropriate and required confidentiality ensuring the integrity of sensitive information (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to foster and sustain collaborative work with others to improve the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness; maintains direct and open communication
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Ability to identify qualified employees, communicate clearly and maintain a positive work environment for employees
- Ability to establish performance standards and improve employee performance with training, coaching and/or discipline
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, effectively resolve and/or respond to inquiries, complaints and/or conflicts
PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- Ability to work with and around solvents and chemicals including cleaning agents
- Physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds and move heavy objects
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation.
- Ability to operate equipment, with some exposure to hazards and/or physical risks which require safety precautions.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor for extended periods under a variety of conditions; lifting, ladder-work, exposure to electrical circuitry, temperature extremes, high mobility
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, smoke, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
- Smoke-free working environment.
- Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible