Residential Treatment Specialist
1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift Full Time
CCH’s mission is to provide a haven of hope and healing to children, youth and families struggling with mental illness, abuse and neglect. Apply now to become part of a winning team! **
*Currently looking for a full-time Residential Treatment Specialist (RTS) to fill an opening with a non-profit organization specializing in providing treatment for at-risk males ages 6-17 located in Cleveland, OH. Interested candidates should have a minimum 1 year of experience working with at-risk youth in a residential environment and hold a valid driver’s license.
Under general supervision, the Residential Treatment Specialist provides supervision and management of assigned children in the daily living routines that comprise the therapeutic milieu of the residential treatment program of Cleveland Christian Home.
Responsibilities of the RTS**
- Supervise clients in his or her charge assuring that a safe and therapeutic environment is maintained for all clients, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (this includes weekends, holidays)
- Develop and consistently implement predictable routines for daily functioning, including wake-up, hygiene, meals, and bedtime.
- Plan and organize activities and educational groups for residents which promote change and growth in areas identified on their Individual Service Plans.
- Present as a role model for residents in establishing relationships, maintains professional child care/client boundaries.
Qualifications of the RTS
- High school diploma or GED required; additional education and/or training desirable
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working with at-risk youth in a residential environment.
- Must have the ability to physically restrain clients of varying age/height/weight.
- Must have experience with moderately to severely emotionally disturbed children who have been unable to function effectively in a home setting.
- Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire.
- A valid Driver’s License, appropriate driving record with appropriate insurance coverage
- Free Parking
- Free Lunch
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.30 – $13.09 per hour