($1,000 Sign on Bonus)
JOB SUMMARY: Under direction, the School-Based Therapist provides and/or coordinates therapeutic and related services to assigned school clients aimed at addressing their mental health and support needs.
Education, Training, and/or Experience: A Master’s degree in Social Work or related field. A minimum of one (1) year experience in counseling, child care, social work, and/or in providing therapeutic support services to children and families.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Licensed by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board.
Must have and maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License, personal vehicle, appropriate driving record and appropriate insurance coverage at all times (as required by agency policy and/or insurance carriers).
Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
Provides individual intervention and therapy services to assigned school children
Assesses level of functioning, strengths, growth areas and needs.
Conducts diagnostic assessments (clients).
Develops and implements treatment goals/plans to address needs, utilizing appropriate treatment scales/assessment tools.
Develops and implements appropriate therapeutic interventions.
Evaluates effectiveness of treatment plan and services.
Coordinates services including pharmacologic behavior management.
Anticipates schedule changes and “no-shows”.
Coordinates the use of facilities and resources to provide structured group thera
Designs and implements goal-directed groups that address:
Practical living skills, Social skills, Problem-solving skills, Anger-management and conflict resolution, Self-esteem building, Implements a wide-variety of interactive activities and appropriate treatment intervention
Assists with providing, linking and/or coordinating community support services:
Obtains information on referred clients, Assists clients and parent(s) with accessing appropriate community resources and with communicating/advocating with community systems (ex. schools), Supports families in building children’s life-skills, Assists with crisis management and referrals, Consults regularly with supervisor regarding case-load size, appointment schedule and required productivity levels
Completes appropriate clinical documentation following established completion guidelines and delivers to supervisor within applicable timeframe, Completes progress notes and corresponding billing sheets within established timeframe.
Assists and/or facilitates the treatment and support efforts of school officials and others involved in a case, as appropriate to the client’s treatment goals
Meets productivity guidelines for the following services:
Family and individual counseling
Case management services (as applicable)
Assists with serving as a community resource for schools, local agencies and others interested in the program
Interprets and represents the School-Based Therapy program and services to the community
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and/or increases knowledge, skills and abilities
2. Attends meetings and/or committees as assigned
3. Participates in providing emergency on-call services
4. Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge and support of agency mission, goals, policies and procedures*
- Knowledge of applicable program rules, regulations and standards, including ethical professional practice*
- Basic knowledge of ODJFS and OhioMHAS rules, regulations, functions, procedures, organization and policies impacting the School-Based programs and services
- Knowledge of diagnostic assessment procedures, DSM IV diagnosis, treatment planning, clinical documentation, psychopathology and therapeutic models, techniques and interventions
- Knowledge of separation, attachment, reunification issues and the grief process
- Knowledge of child/human development, personality and individual therapy theory and techniques
- Knowledge of environmental and familial factors impacting growth, development and learning including group and crisis intervention theory
- Knowledge of documentation and productivity responsibilities*
- Knowledge of and ability to establish support systems for clients
- Ability to maintain professional licensure and good standing within the social work profession
- Ability to establish a rapport with clients and their families, work with a wide range of professionals, community organizations and a culturally diverse population
- Ability to implement appropriate treatment interventions, including intervening in crisis situations
- Ability to prepare and/or ensure accurate, concise, timely and complete records and reports
- Ability to create time-limited, behaviorally specific treatment plans and/or group goals
- Working knowledge of community resources related to program clients*
- Ability to maintain appropriate and required confidentiality ensuring the integrity of sensitive information (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively resolve and/or respond to inquires, complaints and/or conflicts
* May be acquired after hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- Physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting
- Work involves some potential exposure to physical risks such as crisis intervention, physical conflicts
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Operate a computer and keyboard
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position
Smoke-free working environment.
Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours.
Ability to travel to provide services to assigned school and/or agency sites.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Signing bonus
- Only full-time employees eligible