Under direct supervision, the Residential Support Services staff will greet visitors, answer the telephone and provide clerical support. They will maintain clothing inventory to meet program clothing needs and will organize and maintain clothing room for the Residential Program.
1. Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, plus one (1) year of office and/or receptionist experience
- A minimum of forty (40) wpm typing; and/or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
2. Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
1. Answers the telephone, directs calls and takes messages
a. Assesses caller’s needs and routes calls appropriately
b. Monitors intercom system and responds to staff calls
2. Receives clients, visitors and guests and notifies the appropriate party
a. Directs clients, visitors and/or guests to appropriate office and/or waiting area
b. Accepts and records donations, as applicable
3. Assists with maintaining a visi-files, daily activity logs, phone logs and phone lists
4. Provides secretarial and clerical support, as assigned
a. Types correspondence, dictation, work schedules, agendas, statistical reports and other related work
b. Schedules appointments and meetings, as requested
c. Assists with preparing agendas and other related materials and provides meeting minutes transcriptions
d. Assists with maintaining and auditing records according to licensing and other regulatory compliance requirements
e. Reviews program invoices and identifies discrepancies, as assigned
f. Prepares and assembles monthly/yearly agency reports and others as assigned
g. Performs a wide variety of clerical tasks including photocopying, word processing, sorting and distributing mail
h. Compiles information, upon request
5. Distributes mail to employees
6. Maintains office files
7. Maintains spare keys, key log, key sign-out sheets and vehicle logs
8. Transports clients via agency vehicle to outside appointments, run errands as needed.
9. Maintains clothing inventory to meet program clothing needs, will organize and maintain clothing room for the Residential Program. Including washing clothes as needed, weekly.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains and/or increases knowledge, skills and abilities
2. Attends agency meetings and/or committees as necessary and/or as assigned
3. Participates in and contributes to agency-related professional in-service trainings
4. Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge and support of agency mission, goals, policies and procedures*
- Basic knowledge of applicable agency rules, regulations and standards and policies impacting the Cleveland Christian Home and assigned program*
- Knowledge of office technology, equipment, practices and procedures including filing and organizing systems and telephone answering systems
- Knowledge of computer software and applicable applications including word processing and spreadsheet software
- Knowledge of correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to perform a wide range of clerical and secretarial functions in a highly skilled nature
- Ability to establish a rapport with clients and their families, work with a wide range of professionals, community officials and professionals and a culturally diverse population
- Ability to maintain appropriate and required confidentiality ensuring the integrity of sensitive information (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively resolve and/or respond to inquires, complaints and/or conflicts
PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting;
- Ability to answer telephones;
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation; and
- Operate a computer and keyboard.
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position.
- Smoke-free working environment.
- Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off