RN Nursing Supervisor 1st Shift
**Sign On Bonus $2000**
JOB SUMMARY: Under direction, the Nurse Supervisor provides medical and health services to children served at the Cleveland Christian Home and work supervision to the agency’s nursing staff.
- Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- A minimum of Associates Degree in Nursing;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in pediatric and/or public health nursing; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed by the State of Ohio Nursing Board as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License, personal vehicle, appropriate driving record and appropriate insurance License, Ohio Driver’s all times (as required by agency policy and/or insurance carriers)
- Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire
- A Bachelor’s degree of Science in Nursing;
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
- Identifies and treats health disorders and provides medical and health care services that include:
- Physical health assessments
- Well-child care
- Supervision of medication
- Responding to physician’s orders
- Medication education to clients and their families (care givers)
- Dispensing or administering medication, assisting with self- administration of medication
- Monitoring for side effects and adverse reactions
- First aid care
- Providing other medical interventions, as needed
- Supervises nursing staff including scheduling and management of routine and priority projects
- Ensures the maintenance of all medical/dental records; ensures accurate, appropriate and confidential department record-keeping
- Records immunizations, health findings and other relevant health data
- Schedules medical/dental appointments and transports children as needed
- Obtains medication approval; orders medication and medical supplies, as directed
- Serves as a resource person on health issues
- Instructs residents in health-education as necessary
- Provides training to agency staff on universal precautions and communicable diseases
- Provides staff training on dispensing medications
- Attends clinical and treatment team meetings
- Assists and/or facilitates the treatment and support efforts of clinical team, as appropriate to the client’s treatment goals
- Ensures effective coordination and exchange of information with staff and other provider/network agency programs
- Responds to medical crisis situations throughout agency including residents, staff and/or visitor
- Develops department policies and procedures for the agency nursing program
- Ensures compliance with agency and/or other regulatory standards and requirements including licensure and accreditation rules
- Prepares health reports, as required
- Consults regularly with Division Director regarding nursing and health care issues
12 Assists with interviewing candidates for positions
- Ensures that employees receive orientation; trains employees in job duties
- Monitors the work of employees and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
- Ensures appropriate nursing staff coverage
- Is on call after hours to ensure on site 24/7 coverage in the event of an emergency.
- Assists with evaluating employee performance
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and/or increases knowledge, skills and abilities
- Attends meetings and/or committees as assigned
- Participates in providing emergency on-call services
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge and support of agency mission, goals, policies and procedures*
- Knowledge of applicable program rules, regulations and standards, including ethical professional practice*
- Basic knowledge of ODJFS and Ohio MAS rules, regulations, functions, procedures, organization and policies impacting the agency’s program and services
- Knowledge of blood-borne pathogens, universal precautions and infection control rules, regulations
- Knowledge of medical/health assessment procedures, diagnosis and treatment planning
- Knowledge of child growth and development
- Knowledge of medical/psychiatric disorders and treatment responses
- Basic knowledge of environmental and familial factors impacting growth, development and learning
- Knowledge of medical documentation and responsibilities*
- Basic knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment
- Basic knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate medical services with other services provided in scope of treatment of clients
- Ability to maintain professional licensure and good standing within the nursing profession
- Ability to establish a rapport with clients and their families
- Ability to prepare and/or ensure accurate, concise, timely and complete medical records and reports
- Ability to recognize abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease
- Ability to provide medical services in crisis situations
- Ability to maintain appropriate and required confidentiality ensuring the integrity of sensitive information (written and/or verbal)
- Ability to identify qualified employees and maintain a positive work environment for employees
- Ability to establish performance standards and improve employee performance with training, coaching and/or discipline
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, engage in a variety of tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively resolve and/or respond to inquiries, complaints and/or conflicts
* May be acquired after hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS described here are representative of those that must be routinely met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.
- Physical capacity for frequent bending, stooping and lifting
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds and move heavy objects
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in a facility or residence with multiple levels and without elevators or mechanical transportation.
- Operate a computer and keyboard
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position.
- Smoke-free working environment.
- Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours (maybe required to work weekends and holidays).
- Work involves exposure to physical risks such as infectious diseases, crisis interventions, unpleasant odors, loud noises, etc.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Cleveland Christian Home.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year