Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor
**$1,000 Hiring Incentive**
JOB SUMMARY: Under direction, the RN Supervisor provides medical and health services to children served at the Cleveland Christian Home and work supervision to the agency’s nursing staff.
- Education, Training, and/or Experience:
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing; or Bachelor’s Degree in nursing
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in pediatric and/or public health nursing; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Licensed by the State of Ohio Nursing Board as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Must have and maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License, personal vehicle, appropriate driving record, and appropriate insurance License, Ohio Driver’s all times (as required by agency policy and/or insurance carriers)
- Successful completion of all required pre-hire tests and proof of current TB test upon hire. Must be Covid-19 vaccinated and show proof.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals to perform the essential duties.
- 1. Identifies and treats health disorders and provides medical and health care services that include:a. Physical health assessmentsb. Well-child care
c. Supervision of medication
d. Responding to physician’s orders
e. Medication education to clients and their families (caregivers)
f. Dispensing or administering medication, assisting with self-administration of medication
g. Monitoring for side effects and adverse reactions
h. First aid care
i. Providing other medical interventions, as needed
2. Supervises nursing staff including scheduling and management of routine and priority projects
3. Ensures the maintenance of all medical/dental records; ensures accurate, appropriate, and confidential department record-keeping
a. Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data
4. Schedules medical/dental appointments and transports children as needed
5. Obtains medication approval; orders medication and medical supplies, as directed
6. Serves as a resource person on health issues
a. Instructs residents in health-education as necessary
b. Provides training to agency staff on universal precautions and communicable diseases
c. Provides staff training on dispensing medications
7. Attends clinical and treatment team meetings
a. Assists and/or facilitates the treatment and support efforts of the clinical team, as appropriate to the client’s treatment goals
b. Ensures effective coordination and exchange of information with staff and other provider/network agency programs
8. Responds to medical crisis situations throughout the agency including residents, staff, and/or visitor
9. Develops department policies and procedures for the agency nursing program
10. Ensures compliance with agency and/or other regulatory standards and requirements including licensure and accreditation rules
a. Prepares health reports, as required
11. Consults regularly with Division Director regarding nursing and health care issues
12 Assists with interviewing candidates for RN & LPN positions
13. Ensures that employees receive orientation; trains employees in job duties
14. Monitors the work of employees and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
15. Ensures appropriate nursing staff coverage
16. Is on-call after hours to ensure on-site 24/7 coverage in the event of an emergency.
17. Assists with evaluating employee performance
WORKING CONDITIONS described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential duties of this position.
- Smoke-free working environment.
- Ability to provide services during non-traditional working hours (may be required to work weekends and holidays).
- Work involves exposure to physical risks such as infectious diseases, crisis interventions, unpleasant odors, loud noises, etc.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of Cleveland Christian Home.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Rehabilitation center
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask.
- Associate (Required)
- Nursing: 3 years (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- RN (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
Posted: 8/29/22 – will remain open until filled.